What does a vegan who has no more weight to lose and doesn’t smoke resolve to work on when January rolls around? All in all, I think I made about 25 resolutions this year, but I’ll spare you most of those efforts at self-improvement, and post only the ones that are most relevant to my Vegan Salt readers.
- Get full bloodwork and a physical to see how healthy I am and where I can improve. (I’ll have my doctor test my iron, cholesterol, bone density, etc.)
- Petition my grocery store to start carrying more vegan items, particularly soy yogurt, vegenaise, egg replacer, vegan cheeses, and a better selection of sugars.
- Make a cheesecake. I never have baked a cheesecake, vegan or otherwise. Have any recipes or suggestions for my attempt?
- Become certified in vegan nutrition!
- Add new foods to our kitchen, like kale, tempeh, and quinoa.
- Attend regular, guided yoga sessions. I have my heart set on Flow City Yoga.
- Try putting the cats on a vegan diet! From what I hear, not all cats take to it well, but I think at least one of ours will like it: he’s always trying to eat our food instead of his own.
- Eat more Indian, Thai and Chinese food. Branching out into different cultural foods means getting a wider variety of veggies and nutrients in our diet.
- Be a better vegan: learn more about cosmetics and other non-food items.
- Drink more tea.
- Test plenty of new recipes, and post the results!
I think the bloodwork will probably be the hardest for me. I absolutely loathe needles and I’ve physically attacked a phlebotomist in self-defense. I might need to be sedated. So what are you working on this year? Will I see you at yoga?